Learn about foods that help you feel happy and well-being.
Food contains a complex of substances that nourish the body and help to improve various diseases, including depression. That’s because food is directly related to well-being and contains nutrients that work to produce the elements that bring happiness!
Therefore, it is important to know 10 foods that help improve depression And understand how it happens.
Read more: What is depression?
Foods that help treat depression
Surely you have noticed that our mood improves dramatically after eating. This condition is caused by the formation of compounds called neurotransmitters, which are a group of substances responsible for controlling various functions in the body.
Among these neurotransmitters is serotonin, which is able to provide us with a feeling of happiness and well-being. Serotonin is normally made up of tryptophan, magnesium, and B vitamins.
However, other nutrients are also necessary to help produce and regulate these neurotransmitters, as are many of the vitamins, minerals, and beneficial compounds. Therefore, a diet rich in these elements is able to significantly improve mood and help fight depression. see below!
10 foods to improve mood and help treat depression
- Green tea: Green tea contains beneficial compounds that are able to reduce stress and inflammation and improve brain health.
- green leaves: B-complex vitamins are essential components of the neurotransmitters of happiness, as they are found in high concentration in green leaves.
- Milk and dairy products: This group is famous for its high concentration of calcium, which is responsible for reducing stress, depression, nervousness and irritability.
- Cocoa and Chocolate: Cocoa is a source of tryptophan and magnesium, which together help create serotonin.
- fish: Similar to cocoa, fish are also sources of tryptophan, which improves mood and well-being.
- banana: Bananas are also high in tryptophan and are full of B vitamins and minerals.
- Chestnuts, walnuts and almonds: The composition of these foods includes tryptophan, B vitamins and selenium, all of which are associated with improving mood.
- avocado: Avocados are high in B vitamins, which act on nerve cells that promote health and well-being.
- this is: Eggs are a complete food and a source of tryptophan, minerals, and B vitamins.
- Bread, pasta and rice: Eating these foods helps the body absorb tryptophan, but it is best eaten in its whole form.
“Hardcore beer fanatic. Falls down a lot. Professional coffee fan. Music ninja.”