A new round of withdrawals from the Severance Compensation Fund (FGTS) is approaching for millions of formal contract workers. According to the official calendar released by the Caixa Econômica Federal, operations begin on July 3.
Read more: Brazilians who ask for CPF on the bill receive a big surprise
The FGTS was created to protect and assist workers in situations such as unfair dismissal, natural disasters, and homeownership. However, there is a method that allows funds to be withdrawn every year.
Annual FGTS Draw
It was created during the Bolsonaro government, and Christmas withdrawal From FGTS the worker is allowed to redeem between 5% and 50% per annum of the amount available in their linked accounts, plus an additional fixed premium of up to R$2.9 thousand. Withdrawals can be made between the first business day of your birth month and the second following month.
This means that those born in July who have chosen the method will be able to withdraw from the next Saturday, the first. The deadline runs through September 29.
Migration can be done on the FGTS website or app, option “Withdrawal – Aniversário do FGTS”. It is also possible to request a change from the Caixa agency.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantage of opting for the Christmas draw is that you get a payment each year, as long as there is a balance in the fund accounts. On the other hand, the worker is prevented from recovering the full value of the FGTS in the event of dismissal without just cause, when he would normally need the money.
Also, the minimum period for reverting a change is 24 months. Therefore, even if you abandon the method and want to go back to finish the withdrawal, the contributor will have to wait for two years.
As mentioned, the total period for implementing the Anniversary Draw is three months. Check the calendar:
- January: from January 2 to March 31, 2023;
- February: from January 1 to April 29, 2023;
- March: from March 1 to May 31, 2023;
- April: from April 3 to June 30, 2023;
- May: from May 1 to July 31, 2023;
- June: from June 1 to August 31, 2023;
- July: from 03 July to 29 September 2023;
- August: from August 1 to October 31, 2023;
- September: from September 1 to November 30, 2023;
- October: from 02 October to 29 December 2023;
- November: from November 1, 2023 to January 31, 2024;
- December: From December 1, 2023 to February 29, 2024.
“Hardcore beer fanatic. Falls down a lot. Professional coffee fan. Music ninja.”