The Central Bank will start releasing on Monday (7) the advice on the value and requests for recovery of forgotten funds in banks. It is estimated that R$8 billion will be returned to residents and businesses, with R$4 billion only in this first phase.
Until then, the BC system, called Values to Receive (https://valoresareceber.bcb.gov.br/), you only mentioned whether or not the person has something to withdraw, but not the amount.
To access, you must be registered with the Gov.Br . Federal Government system (Click here to learn how to do it).
Then just follow step by step. Check it out below:
Deadlines for withdrawing forgotten money in banks
In this first phase, BC will release the balance and schedule for those born before 1968 or for companies created before that date. The deadline for this group ends on Friday (11), with a return on Saturday (12).
On March 14th, the role of those born between 1968 and 1983, or companies created in this period, will take place. The return will be the following Saturday (19).
Finally, from March 21-25, the turn will come for those born after 1983, or companies created after that time. The feed will be on March 26th.
In all cases, you will need to have a Silver or Gold tier account on Portal Gov.br.
Anyone who misses the summary on Saturday will be able to request a refund starting March 28, regardless of date of birth or company creation date. BC makes it clear that citizens or businesses who are late for deadlines do not have to worry. The right to receive funds is final and will remain with the financial institutions until the account holder requests a withdrawal.
Check the step-by-step procedure for withdrawing funds below:
Access to the site valorareceber.bcb.gov.br The date and period of withdrawal reported at the first consultation.
Those who forgot the date can repeat the process, without waiting for March 7.
Sign in with an account Gov.br (Silver or Gold level).
If a citizen does not have an account at this level yet, he/she must immediately register or increase the level of security (in the case of accounts of bronze type) on the Gov.br website or application.
BC advises the account holder not to create an account and adjust the level on the day the redemption is scheduled.
Read and accept the disclaimer.
Check the amount owed, the organization that should return the amount and the origin (type) of the amount owed. The system may provide additional information, if applicable.
Click on the option indicated by the system:
- Order here: for a refund via Pix within 12 working days. The user must choose one of the Pix keys, provide personal data, and save the protocol number, in case he needs to communicate with the organization.
- Cross-Enterprise Ordering: For non-Pix users. In this case, you will need to contact the phone or email provided to arrange the withdrawal method with the institution.
Important: On the information screen of the amounts due, the citizen must review the service channels of the institution by clicking on its name.
asks BC citizen Be careful not to fall for scams: Never click on suspicious links sent via email, SMS, WhatsApp or Telegram, or make any kind of payment to access the values. Neither BC nor the banks will ask you to provide personal data, let alone passwords, to release the funds.
- Watch the main news of the day on UOL News:
If your balance is zero, it is likely that at the next stage of releasing funds, receivables may appear in your account. This stage is scheduled for May.
The platform currently collects five different data:
- Current or closed savings accounts with an available balance;
- incorrectly charged fees, provided that they are stipulated in the commitment terms signed by the bank with the BC;
- installments or obligations relating to credit operations unnecessarily collected, provided that they are provided for in the commitment terms signed by the bank with the BC;
- equity shares and the allocation of net surpluses to credit union beneficiaries;
- Unsolicited resources from expired union groups;
In the following stages, seven more information must be collected:
- Incorrectly collected fees, not stipulated in the commitment terms signed by the bank with BC
- Installments or obligations related to credit operations that are incorrectly collected, and not stipulated in the commitment terms signed by the bank with the BC
- Closed and prepaid postpaid accounts with available balance
- Recording accounts maintained by stock brokerage firms and stock distribution firms to record closed customer operations with available balance
- Entities under extrajudicial liquidation
- FGC (credit guarantee fund)
- FGCoop (Cooperative Credit Guarantee Fund)
*With information from Agência Brasil
“Hardcore beer fanatic. Falls down a lot. Professional coffee fan. Music ninja.”