Organizing your daily life is also part of Notion’s many functions: the productivity app lets you put together a calendar, add events, and share the experience with other people.
To use the Notion calendar view, you need to create or import an existing database in your account. The platform automatically identifies all pages formatted with the date and time and sends the events to the agenda.
The tool can also be integrated with workflow applications such as Asana, Slack, and Trello to import data and cards. In addition, automation platforms allow you to sync them with Google Calendar.
How to put a calendar on Notion from the computer
- open idea
- click on “New Page”;
- In the drop-down window, choose the “Calendar” option;
- Choose an existing Notion database or click on “New Database” to enter information from scratch;
- Notion automatically syncs all pages that have a history.
Immediately after importing the data, Notion can display it as a table, but you can quickly change the view to calendar mode:
- Click on the three dots icon;
- select “layout”;
- Choose “Calendar”.
You can also add new events to an existing calendar:
- Hover over one of the days and click on the “+” icon;
- Enter the event information on the page and save it.
How to add a calendar to Notion on your cell phone
- open Notion app;
- Click on the “+” icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- select “choose template”;
- Click on “Calendar”;
- import a database or create another;
- Click on days to add new events.
How to integrate Google Calendar with Notion
Notion does not have native integration for syncing Google Calendar events, but it is possible to embed your Google Calendar on a page in the app.
However, this has some limitations: new events cannot be added to the calendar through Notion and the layout does not follow the same pattern as other calendars.
First, follow these steps in Google Calendar:
- Click on the three-dot icon next to the table;
- select “Settings and Sharing”;
- mark the calendar as year;
- Copy the public URL.
Then open Notion and complete these steps:
- go to page;
- press / and type “Synchronized block”;
- paste the URL;
- Click Create Integration.
- See the agenda in the embedded.
In addition to focusing various information on everyday life, the app can also be customized to suit your preferred tastes – see some tips for customizing the theme.
“Incurable thinker. Food aficionado. Subtly charming alcohol scholar. Pop culture advocate.”