Hey WhatsApp It announced this week that it will allow you to use two accounts on the same cell phone. For now, the new feature is only available to device users Android Which supports two SIM cards. Although Apple allows iPhone users to use a physical SIM and a virtual SIM for two phone numbers, there is still no expectation of implementation for iPhone users. internal control Department.
+ Want to learn more about innovation? Join the Época NEGÓCIOS group on WhatsApp
The announcement was made by Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Meta, on his Facebook page. He highlighted the practical application that this function provides to users, without the need to have two smartphones.
- LuzIA, a chatbot that transcribes audio on WhatsApp, now also has weather forecasts
- WhatsApp launches ‘Flows’ feature for in-app purchases and services
“Useful for switching between accounts – such as work and personal – now you no longer need to log out every time, carry two phones or worry about sending messages from the wrong place,” the company said in a statement. Blog post.
How to have two accounts on WhatsApp
After inserting the second SIM card into your smartphone, follow these steps:
- Access the WhatsApp application and go to the “Settings” section of your main account.
- Click on the “Add Account” option.
- From there, you can adjust privacy and notification settings for each account separately.
This news comes shortly after WhatsApp implemented password support for the Android version, a function that allows users to access the application without relying on SMS-based two-factor authentication.
Want to see exclusive content from Época NEGÓCIOS? Get the digital version.
“Hardcore beer fanatic. Falls down a lot. Professional coffee fan. Music ninja.”