Lodi Valley News.com

Complete News World

Germany begins returning bronze medals from Benin to Nigeria in 2022 - entertainment

‘Dunes: Part Two’ gets the go-ahead from Warner Bros. Production – Entertainment

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Warner Bros. studio announced Tuesday that it will release a sequel to “Dunes” in October 2023.

The first part of the sci-fi epic, directed by Denis Villeneuve and one of the most awaited films of 2021, opened in North American theaters last week and grossed $41 million in its first weekend.

The film, which cost an estimated $165 million to produce, was also outside the United States, collecting nearly $225 million at the global box office.

Villeneuve had always said he had been considering making a second movie, but Warner Bros. had not committed to the project until Tuesday.

Warner said that “Dune: Part Two” will be released exclusively in theaters. The first film was simultaneously released in theaters and on the HBO Max streaming service.

Villeneuve insisted that the two-and-a-half-hour film, praised for its stunning visuals, should be seen on the big screen, not at home.

The movie is packed with stars, including Timothee Chalamet, Zendaya, and Jason Momoa. The cast for the second season has not yet been announced.

(Reporting by Jill Sargent)

See also  New MIPCOM series and sales