Lodi Valley News.com

Complete News World

Queen Harry and Meghan are invited to attend the important crown event - Metro World News Brasil

Queen Harry and Meghan are invited to attend the important crown event – Metro World News Brasil

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have been officially invited to the platinum jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II. The celebration is scheduled for June, and should take place over four days, when it is a national holiday in the UK. The celebration marks the 70th anniversary of the king’s rule in the country.

Last week, Meghan and Harry met the Queen at Windsor Castle. They traveled to Europe, and more specifically to the Netherlands, to present this year’s edition of the Invictus Games, a competition created and supported by Prince Harry since 2014 for ex-soldiers.

Ahead of the official opening of the sporting event on Saturday the 16th, the Sussex team passed through the UK and met Queen Elizabeth II and Harry’s father, Prince Charles. A spokesperson for the couple confirmed the meeting, though no photos of the meeting were released.

see also: Understand why Harry and Meghan have not met Kate and William in the UK

According to the British newspaper The Telegraph, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been invited by the Queen to appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace as part of the platinum jubilee celebrations, but they will not have an “official role” in the festivities.

Meghan and Harry have yet to confirm if they will return to the UK in June. A spokesperson for the couple told The Telegraph that they could not discuss future travel plans.

The last time they were on the balcony of Buckingham Palace was in 2018 and 2019.

Queen Elizabeth and other members of the royal family have yet to meet Meghan and Harry, Harry’s youngest daughter, Lillibit Diana, who was born in the United States in June last year. The Sussexes claim that they feel unsafe when traveling to the UK because their security team does not have access to important national security information.

See also  Lenovo Tab K10: the tablet can be sold in a battery-free version in Brazil

In February, Prince Harry’s lawyer told the High Court in London that Harry “doesn’t feel safe” bringing his children (who are also parents to 2-year-old Archie) to the UK after losing government-funded police protection and taxpayers. Harry and Meghan lost their public protection in the UK and paid private money for their security in the US.