Lodi Valley News.com

Complete News World

Dengue: Londrina will receive exclusive care in two health units

Dengue: Londrina will receive exclusive care in two health units

Image: Disclosure

The Municipal Health Department (SMS) announced, on Monday (4), that two health units in Londrina will be available for exclusive referral care for dengue from Tuesday (5). They are the Emergency Care Unit (UPA) of Jardim Sabará, located on Avenida Arthur Tomás, and the Basic Health Unit (UBS) Ouro Branco, on Rua Flor dos Alpe, which today also houses the Emergency Care Unit (PA) of the União of Vitoria.

According to the ministry, the sites will exclusively treat cases of patients suspected or confirmed of dengue fever. UPA Sabará continues to provide 24-hour service, and the Ouro Branco unit operates from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.

The goal, according to the Minister of Health, Felipe Machado, is to relieve other health units, since the care of patients suspected of having dengue fever represents a large part of the current demand and the organization of care differs from the services provided to others. Patients. In exclusive dengue care units, the process of welcoming, examining and serving residents can be organized in order to reduce waiting time, thus reducing the burden of other health units as well.

“We have identified the need for this change in our service network based on technical epidemiological data. We are working to strengthen the medical, nursing and administrative staff, as well as the cleaning staff. We will also change the logistics of transporting the tests to ensure that they quickly arrive at the laboratory with exclusive vehicles. All this to provide greater comfort and speed.” For patients at this time.”

See also  Science is trying to find out why some species live so long

Patients with classic dengue symptoms can go directly to the dengue reference units, which are open on request, without the need for an appointment.

Signs of the disease include fever accompanied by headache, pain in the body and joints, as well as prostration, weakness, nausea, vomiting, pain behind the eyes, and red spots on the skin.

Dengue fever cases

According to SMS messages, as of February 2024, 12,388 suspected cases of dengue fever had been reported, of which 3,220 cases were confirmed, 2,927 cases were eliminated, and 6,241 cases are still under analysis. The municipality has so far recorded four deaths.

According to the first Aedes aegypti Index Rapid Survey (LIRAa) of 2024, 84% of positive outbreaks were found in backyards, and the remaining 16% were found indoors.

Redação Tem Londrina with NCom