Lodi Valley News.com

Complete News World

Woman cuts her ankle at home and is infected with ‘flesh-eating’ bacteria

Woman cuts her ankle at home and is infected with ‘flesh-eating’ bacteria

A 58-year-old woman was gardening at her home in Chesterfield (England) when she injured her ankle and became infected with a bacteria known as “flesh-eater,” which causes necrotizing fasciitis infection.

Louise Fawcett made a small cut with her foot in the tiles in her flower bed, according to The Sun.

+ Cellulite on the face? Understand how bacterial infections pose health risks
+ Learn about food poisoning, the disease that left a Brazilian paralyzed after being infected with bacteria in the United States of America

Soon the ankle began to swell and turn red. However, she managed the situation before going to the doctor who prescribed her antibiotics. However, a short time later, she woke up with a black foot.

Then her husband took her to the hospital. Doctors even stated that she was at risk of dying or losing her leg. They performed surgery and removed the affected tissue.

After that, she spent three days in the intensive care unit, in addition to seven surgeries, which included skin grafts. Louise returned home after three weeks of treatment on May 16 this year.

Necrotizing fasciitis

Necrotizing fasciitis is a serious and rare infection that destroys tissue under the skin. According to the definition of the Israeli Albert Einstein Hospital, it can be caused by various bacteria and is more common in people with a weak immune system.

The main symptoms are: wounds, pain, swelling, fever, blisters, rash, the presence of pus, etc. It can spread quickly and cause serious complications.

See also  Rua de Botafogo is ranked as the eighth most beautiful street in the world