A full CV and vaccination examination will be required for legal entry into the country; Mexico will do its part in the inspection process
The Department of Homeland Security United State On Wednesday (12 October 2022) he announced new measures to contain the arrival of Venezuelan illegal immigrants.
According to the US Department of State, new immigration checkpoints will be set up at the border with Mexico and more police will be reassigned to the site. here it is Salim from the statement (127 KB, in English).
“These actions demonstrate that there is a legal and regulated way for Venezuelans to enter the United States, and legal entry is the only way.” Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro N.
“Those who follow the legal process will have the opportunity to travel safely to the United States and qualify to work here.”He said.
Venezuelans are considered ineligible if:
- have been expelled from the United States in the past five years;
- They crossed the ports of entry without permission after the announcement date (October 12);
- entered Mexico or Panama illegally after the date of the declaration;
- are permanent residents or dual nationals of any country other than Venezuela;
- currently have refugee status in any country;
- Vaccinations and other public health requirements have not been completed.
In August, Venezuelans made up about 12% of illegal immigrants crossing the border into Mexico.
With the new measures, which took effect immediately, up to 24,000 Venezuelans are expected to legally immigrate to the United States by air.
According to the US government, Venezuelans who:
- You have a supporter in the United States who offers assistance;
- undergo biometric screening and permits, and a resume for national security and public safety;
- Meet all vaccinations and public health requirements.
“Music fanatic. Professional problem solver. Reader. Award-winning tv ninja.”