Lodi Valley News.com

Complete News World

The United States applied the first dose of the Covid vaccine to more than half of the adult population  Serum

The United States reveals a plan to distribute an additional 55 million vaccines for the “Covid” virus | Serum

The White House on Monday presented (21) plans Over 55 million Covid-19 vaccines shared worldwide. Latin America and the Caribbean will receive 14 million doses – including Brazil.

About 75% of doses will be distributed through the Covax Facility, a Covid-19 vaccine sharing program it coordinates Who is the (WHO) is aimed at poor countries. The remaining 25% will go to ‘regional priorities’. (see below).

Doses are part of a chief promise وعد United StateJoe Biden alone 80 million vaccines Produced in the country (60 million doses from AstraZeneca and another 20 million from Pfizer / BioNTech, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson).

The distribution of the first 25 million doses was announced at the beginning of the month It also included Brazil (see video below). Of this first shipment, six million doses were for Latin America and the Caribbean.

The United States is sending 80 million doses of vaccines to other countries

The United States is sending 80 million doses of vaccines to other countries

They will all be distributed by the end of this month, according to a White House statement. It is not yet known how many doses will be sent to Brazil.

The United States has already applied 95 doses per 100 inhabitants, according to The Our World in Data, a project associated with the University of Oxford. We have before us only countries like Israel (122) and the United Kingdom (109).

In these countries, the number of cases and deaths has decreased in recent months, as immunization has progressedMost restrictions have already been removed to reduce coronavirus infection (such as the use of masks outdoors.

On the other hand, Brazil has applied 86 million doses to date, equivalent to 40 vaccines per 100 population – which puts us on a par with that of Tuvalu, Guyana and Argentina and slightly above the world average (34).

US health officials have allowed vaccinated people to walk around without a mask – Photo: Brendan McDermid/Reuters

55 million doses distributed

According to the plan released on Monday, About 41 million of the 55 million doses will be shared across the Covax . facility. Latin America and the Caribbean will receive about 14 million; Asia, about 16 million; And Africa is about 10 million.

According to the White House, among the Latin American countries that will receive the doses: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, the Dominican Republic and Uruguay. .

The remaining 25% (about 14 million doses) will go to countries and territories designated “regional priorities” by the White House.. Among them are Argentina, Colombia, West Bank and Gaza, Iraq and Ukraine.

Half a billion additional vaccines

In addition to distributing 80 million doses already produced, The United States announced on the tenth of this month that it will buy and donate another 500 million vaccines from Pfizer (see video below).

It will be distributed to 92 poor countries, also by Covax. Countries such as Afghanistan, Angola and Syria will receive the doses until 2022.

Brazil is part of the consortium, but it will not benefit from these doses They are considered able to purchase the vaccines themselves.

The United States announces that Pfizer will donate 500 million doses to poor countries
The United States announces that Pfizer will donate 500 million doses to poor countries

The United States announces that Pfizer will donate 500 million doses to poor countries

Videos: News about Covid-19 vaccines