KABUL (Reuters) – US military chief Scott Miller, the commander of foreign forces in Afghanistan, said on Sunday that the withdrawal of foreign troops and the provision of military bases and equipment to Afghan forces had already begun.
Miller said he was acting on the basis of President Joe Biden’s decision to end the long-running US war, assuming that the protracted and difficult conflict in Afghanistan was no longer in line with US priorities.
Earlier this month, Biden announced the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan before 9/11, marking the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, which sparked the start of the Afghan war.
Miller, who has commanded US forces and NATO’s firm support mission in Afghanistan in the fight against the Taliban and other Islamist groups since 2018, said foreign forces would continue to have “military means and the ability to fully defend themselves in the event of withdrawal.” ”
“I had the opportunity to speak with Taliban members and the Taliban Political Commission. Some of the events that will force a military decision to return to violence will be a tragedy for Afghanistan and the people of Afghanistan,” Miller told reporters. The capital is Kabul.
The Taliban ruled Afghanistan from 1996 to 2001, when it was overthrown by US-led forces. Since then, they have waged a revolt and now control vast tracts of land.
+ Career of the Decade – See how to enter life without professionals, but in vacancies
+ The lemon squeeze trick is a cross on social media
+ Woman goes to jail for pretending to be an FBI agent to get free food
The digital blue zone in SP changes on the 16th; See how it looks
+ Study reveals healthy method of cooking rice
+ Can doing a lot of belching be a health issue?
The shark is caught in the MA with the remains of a young man missing in the stomach
+ Cinema, sex and the city
+ 6,500-year-old copper workshop discovered in the desert of Israel