The internet couldn’t let this ad go unnoticed and do what it always does best: memes.
The two companies’ reputation for filing a copyright claim has not been left unchanged.
New meme format just dropped pic.twitter.com/H1sPE7BwC5
– Kong Marx October 5, 2021
Will companies now unite to send small lawsuits and extra-judicial notices?
“Together we can hit copyright on everything” pic.twitter.com/xhTn6UDuav
– Gibson | Boochito (El_Banchito) October 5, 2021
Some have pointed out that getting small details in the trailer must be more difficult than getting the character himself.
This keychain likely cost Nintendo more money than Sora himself. pic.twitter.com/sKwToFlcFk
– Nick (GameApologist) October 5, 2021
I felt the absence of some songs (and annoyance).
– Joe Forhman (@fourhman) October 5, 2021
As well as the similarity of other fighters to certain Disney characters:
Who is the? pic.twitter.com/xHAG48mSz1
– Nipah (@NipahDUBS) October 5, 2021
There is even an “explanation” for Sora being the latter.
The reason there are no more characters after that is because Sora locked the Keyhole for Smash pic.twitter.com/m98akiLz3s
– SpookyJake (@JustMightyJake) October 5, 2021
Not all characters in the game should be happy with the competition.
Sephiroth reveals during the surah when he saw the keyblade pic.twitter.com/S7gQmNoste
– Damned Sora (@gameguru456) October 5, 2021
There were already a lot of people prepared for the worst, in case Sora wasn’t made public. Will he do well in Round 6?
– Daro! @OCT Comms closed (2/2 slots)! (@daruo_0) October 5, 2021
Of course, not everyone was happy with this choice.
– INVINCIBLE (IncvincibleHQ) October 5, 2021
Poor Waluigi was forgotten again at the barbecue.
– Panda | turndownforwalt (turndownforwalt) October 5, 2021
But the result, in fact, ended with a boom.
Sakurai closed Smash Bros. with…….
…a golden key
– French Matchamp (@erika_the_kappa) October 5, 2021