Sony has released a new update for PS5 This Wednesday (12). With a 1GB file, the update can be downloaded, but don’t expect attention-grabbing changes at first.
Release 22.02-06.02.00, According to the patch notes, it only enhances the popular “System Optimization”. see below:
- This system software update improves system performance;
In short, the news of the latest PS5 update should only be noticed while using the console. Throughout the day, as more players download, we will notify if any significant changes are identified by internet users.
This time, no update is offered for DualSense with the patch. So the focus was really on the console itself.
How to install PS5 update manually
Sony provides instructions on its official website for anyone who needs to download the PS5 update via PC. Check it out below:
- Using a PC or Mac, create a folder named “PS5” on a USB drive formatted as FAT32. Inside this folder, create another folder called “UPDATE”.
- Download the update file (over here) and save it in the “UPDATE” folder. Save the file as “PS5UPDATE.PUP”.
- Connect the USB drive containing the file to the PS5 console.
- Start the PS5 console in safe mode, press and hold the power button and then release it after the second beep.
- Select Safe Mode option 3: System software update.
- Select Update from USB storage device > OK.
If you notice anything different after the PS5 update, please share it with us in the comments!