Lodi Valley News.com

Complete News World

Petrobras finds oil in a well in the Santos Basin

Petrobras finds oil in a well in the Santos Basin

Petrobras announced that it has located oil in a well in the Aram block, in the pre-salt layer of the Santos Basin. The block is being explored by a consortium in which Petrobras has an 80% stake and China’s CNODC has 20%.



Brazil Agency – Petrobras announced today (19) that it has identified the presence of oil in a well in the Aram block, in the pre-salt layer of the Santos Basin. The well called Curaçao, is located 240 kilometers from the coast of the city of Santos, at a water depth of 1905 meters.

“The oil bearing interval was verified by electrical profiles and fluid samples, which will later be determined by laboratory analysis. These data will allow us to assess the potential and direct the next exploration activities in the area,” the state-owned company said. In a statement.

The Santos Basin is a sedimentary marine basin that extends from the southern coast of the state of Rio de Janeiro to the north of the state of Santa Catarina. In this region, there are various fields with important reserves in the pre-salt layer.

The Aram block is being explored through a consortium in which Petrobras holds an 80% stake and China’s CNODC is responsible for the other 20%. Acquired under the Participation Scheme in March 2020, in the sixth round of bidding by the National Agency for Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP).

According to Petrobras, the consortium will continue its operations to complete the drilling project for the Curacao well, which will make it possible to verify the extent of the new discovery and characterize the conditions of existing reservoirs. According to the state-owned company, the discovery shows the success of the adopted strategy, which is firmly based on technological innovations with maximum use of real-time processed data, which allows for fast and secure decisions.

See also  How to make an FGTS birthday draw, find out now! » Prime Minister's Newspaper

Sign 247And Support PixAnd Subscribe to TV 247, no channel 247 And watch:

Free knowledge groups. know more. follow us no cable.

who have come this far, Thank you very much for rating our content. Unlike corporate media, 247- Brazil it’s TV 247 They finance themselves through their own community of readers and viewers. You can support TV 247 and Brasil 247 website in different ways. See how at brasil247.com/apoio

Support 247