Series B of the 2023 Brazilian Championship starts on Friday. In the 20 contested teams there are many so-called football “medals”. The players who made history for the big clubs in Brazil and the world and who will now strive to reach the national elite.
See some medals from this Series B:
At the age of 35, the midfielder signed with coach Alex Avai this season – he has already played 13 matches, scored 2 goals and assisted 2. The career is victorious: Libertadores with Santos (2011), three Brazilian Cups (2015 with Palmeiras, 2017 and 2018 with Cruzeiro ), as well as some state titles. He also defended Grêmio and has two spells at Coritiba, with the possibility of reaching Série A in 2021.
Returning to Avai, Robinho promises to commit fully into the season in pursuit of the title and promotion
A two-time Brazilian champion with Fluminense, where he played from 2009 to 2018, the defender has been a popular figure in Série B in recent years. chapecoince, in 2019, and since 2020, it has been competing with CRB. He is a key player in Alvirobro’s defence.
Despite being only 26 years old, it is already possible to get into the “medal” list. He started his career at Flamengo, where he rose to prominence and later negotiated with Udinese in Italy. He later played with and for Grêmio CiaraIn addition to visits to Russia and Japan. play for Atletico Joe At the start of the season Criciúma is now promoting in Série B.
Marquinhos Gabriel (Chrycioma)
The attacking midfielder is 32 years old and has already defended several important clubs: Internacional, Palmeiras, Santos, Corinthians, Cruzeiro, Vasco, among others. Defending Criciúma last year, Série B started high and then went to Goiás. He is now back in Tigray.
At the age of 41, the midfielder said goodbye to Vasco and has already agreed with Juventude for Serie B. He is one of Vasco’s greatest figures of the last decade, with his passage between 2015 and 2017 and after 2021 so far. Formed at the base of Paulista, from Jundiaí, Nene passed through Palmeiras and Santos before starting her career in Europe – Mallorca, Alaves, Celta and Espanyol, in Spain, Monaco and Paris Saint-Germain in France, and West Ham in England. He also played with Al-Gharafa Club in Qatar.
Juventude confirms the signing of midfielder Nene, former Vasco player
At the age of 37, he has played for Vasco, Corinthians and Flamengo, as well as other clubs in Brazil and abroad. With Timão’s shirt, he was part of the team that won the 2011 Copa Brasil and the 2012 Libertadores. Prior to that, in 2009, he led Vasco to the Série B title, where he was the tournament’s second best scorer with 17 goals. The latter played for Cuiabá and promoted Juventude in Serie B.
Alex Moralha (Mirasol)
The goalkeeper is 33 years old and in his third spell with Mirasol. He is best known for his passes through Figerense and Flamengo in 2016 and 2020. He then went to Japanese football and also played for Coritiba.
The average goals conceded by Mirasol drops as Alex Moralia starts
Bruno Cortez (Mirasol)
At the age of 36, the left-back gained prominence at Botafogo, in 2011, and has subsequently defended for Sao Paulo, Benfica and Gremio, as well as Japan. For Tricolor Gaucho, Cortez was part of a campaign to reach Série A last year. He was hired by Mirassol this season.
Another “medal” in the Sao Paulo team, Camilo has been at Mirasol since last year. He played for Cruzeiro, Botafogo and Internacional, among others. In the current season, he played 14 matches, scoring two goals and three assists.
Wagner Love (sports)
The “Love Scorer” is increasing in Liao. Appointed last year, Love has scored 10 goals in 20 games this season and is one of the team’s standouts. His biography is difficult: he started at Palmeiras, played in Russia, then defended Flamengo, Corinthians, Monaco (France), Besiktas (Turkey), among other clubs.
Wagner Love responds to fans about comeback with shampoo and the shampoo he uses
Ralph (Villa Nova)
Libertadores and World Cup champions with Corinthians The 38-year-old midfielder is in his second season with Vila Nova. He made his name with the Timão jersey, playing for eight seasons with the club. She left in 2019, then passed through Avai and Cianorte until Tigre arrived.
Vanderly (Villa Nova)
At the age of 39, the goalkeeper has had impressive passes through Coritiba, Santos and Gremio, in addition to also defending Vasco. Villa Nova hired him for the season and he has made 17 appearances so far.
The striker is 36 years old and featured in the Fortaleza shirt. He also played for Sao Paulo and Fluminense, among other clubs. He arrived in Vitoria in early 2023 and has three goals in 19 matches.
Wellington Nor (win)
Fluminense revealed that the striker played for six seasons at Shakhtar Donetsk, in Ukraine, had a stint in Sao Paulo and returned to the flu. In recent years he has also played for Fortaleza and Cruzeiro and is signed to Vitória in 2023. He has five matches in the season.
Down below, Wellington Nimes expects a return to fine form in Vitoria
remember them? See other medals to be played in Serie B:
- Marcio Azevedo (ABC): Left-back, 36, former Botafogo and Atlético.
- Emerson Santos (Atlético-GO): Defender, 28, ex-Botafogo, Palmeiras and Internacional.
- Ricardo Bueno (Avaí): Striker, 35, formerly at Grêmio, Atlético-MG and Palmeiras.
- Felipe Soto (Botafogo SP): Midfielder, 32, former player of Atletico MG and Vasco.
- Michael Macedo (Ceara): Right-back, 33, ex-Atletico MG and Corinthians.
- Victor Ramos (Chapesons): Defender, 33 years old, formerly Palmeiras.
- Julio Cesar (CRB): Goalkeeper, 36, formerly Botafogo, Fluminense and Gremio.
- Hiyori (CRB): Forward, 31, ex-Botafogo and Atlético MG.
- copies (CRB): Forward, 35 years old, ex-Santos.
- Eder (Criciúma): Striker, 36, formerly of Sao Paulo and Inter Milan.
- Carlow (Ituano): ap, 37 years old, ex-Corinthians.
- Alan Rochelle (Al Shabab): Left back, 33, former Inter, Chapecoense and Cruzeiro.
- everton (black bridge): Midfielder, 34, former player for Flamengo, Sao Paulo and Gremio.
- Junior Dutra (London): Attacker, 34, former for Vasco, Corinthians and Fluminense.
- kake (Sport): Striker, 35 years old, ex-Flamengo, Santos and Fluminense.
- Dennis (Sport): Goalkeeper, 36, formerly Sao Paulo.
- Fernando (Tombense): Striker, 36 years old, formerly Flamengo and Palmeiras.
- Philip (Tombense): Goalkeeper, 35, formerly Santos and Fluminense.
- Bruno Silva (Tombense): Defensive midfielder, 36, ex-Botafogo, Cruzeiro, Fluminense and Inter.
- Giovanni Augusto (Al-Nasr): Midfielder, 33, formerly Atlético MG, Corinthians and Vasco.
- Leo Jamalo (Victory): Striker, 37, formerly Bahia, Goiás and Curitiba.
- Trellis (Al-Nasr): Striker, 33, former Velez Inter and Sao Paulo.
Organizing the second division league
The four teams relegated to Serie A last year are Atlético-Go, Avai, Ceara and Juventude. ABC, Botafogo-SP, Mirassol and Vitória gained access to Série C.
The format of the dispute is the same since 2006, playing points in turn and back. The 20 teams play 38 rounds, facing all opponents, home and away. The top four teams qualify for Série A in 2024, while the bottom four teams are relegated to Série C.
- Guaraní vs. Avai: Friday, 7 p.m., Gold Earrings.
- Itano vs. Ciara: Fri, 21:30, Novelli Junior;
- Vila Nova vs Noverizontino: Saturday, 4 p.m., Opa
- Mirasol vs Chapecoense: Saturday at five o’clock in the evening, Mirasol municipality.
- Sampaio Correa vs Atletico GO: Saturday, 5 p.m., Castelao;
- Al-Shabab vs Botafogo-SP: Saturday, 6:15 p.m., Alfredo Jaconi
- Criciuma vs. Tombense: Sunday, 11 a.m., Heriberto Holsey;
- Londrina vs. ABC: Sunday, 3:30 p.m., Estádio do Café;
- Vitoria vs Ponte Preta: Sunday, 6 pm, Paradao;
- CRB vs Sport: King Pele (TBD)
“Tv fanatic. Web junkie. Travel evangelist. Wannabe entrepreneur. Amateur explorer. Writer.”