Belgium is a very small country – a little bigger than Alagoas – but it is full of interesting things. from there adventure comics tintin, Some of the best beer in the world, great chocolate and a football team that always runs the cups, even though it’s never been a champion. I will try again this year, in the World Cup in Qatar.
In terms of gastronomy, Belgium also stands out for its waffles and its distinction in French fries. Although Americans call french fries “french fries,” the Belgians are the best.
The classic combination of Belgian fries with mussels (or “moules et frites” in French), but it doesn’t need anything to accompany the fries. Brussels is full of trailers and tents selling potatoes, and that’s it – in fact, they always have a selection of sauces and condiments.
Frying potatoes is a dirty and difficult job, and it can be frustrating if you don’t control the temperature of the oil. For this reason, almost every restaurant works with electric fryers equipped with a thermostat. At home, it appears to be a consumable device.
On the other hand, the air fryer has arrived to open up new horizons in home cooking. It’s great equipment – as long as you understand it don’t say anything, But it bakes quickly and evenly with hot air circulation.
There is nothing wrong with air fryer potato sticks, and in my opinion they are just as tasty as deep frying or even more so. For a perfectly successful potato chip, you just need to follow a few basic rules.
Key factor: Do not overfill the air fryer basket. Make only one layer of potatoes – if you stack food, air won’t circulate properly in the middle of that pile.
Other than that, it is interesting to wash the potatoes to remove excess starch and dry them well before preparing. Conveniently, the air fryer is a drying machine. This service can be performed by the device operating at low temperature.
Keep in mind that the tuning of each device is different, and the temperatures indicated on the selector are not the most accurate in the world. The first time you make potatoes, monitor progress closely and, if necessary, make adjustments to time and/or temperature.
To make the potatoes more similar to the ones on the streets of Brussels, I’ve included an extra recipe: roasted garlic mayonnaise.
Belgian potatoes in an air fryer
Yield: 2 servings
2 large potatoes (or 3 medium).
1 tablespoon of olive oil or oil.
pinch of salt
1. You can use peeled or unpeeled potatoes. If the peel is left, wash the potatoes well before slicing them.
2. Cut toothpicks 1 cm high and 1 cm wide along the length of a potato. Let them soak for 10 minutes, then rinse and drain.
3. Dry the potato sticks in an air fryer at 80°C for half an hour or until all moisture is removed.
4. Season the potatoes with oil and salt. Bake for 25 minutes at 160°C, opening the basket and shaking it from time to time, and for the last 5 minutes, raise the temperature to 200°C to make a golden crust. Eat immediately with roasted garlic mayonnaise.
Roasted garlic mayonnaise
Yield: 4 servings
5 garlic cloves.
pinch of salt
Rangpur lime juice (or Tahiti).
Vegetable oil (as needed).
The method of work
1. Roast garlic in an air fryer for 10 minutes at 200°C. Peel.
2. In a blender or blender, beat garlic and eggs. Add lemon juice and salt. Whisking always, add the oil in a continuous stream until it thickens and reaches the consistency of mayonnaise.
Current link: Did you like this text? A subscriber can unlock five free accesses to any link per day. Just click the blue F button below.
“Music fanatic. Professional problem solver. Reader. Award-winning tv ninja.”