A new report on the company’s revenue showed several increases during the first half of 2021.
A new report on Universal Music Group’s multi-billion dollar earnings was released last week by VivendiIt is a media conglomerate specializing in entertainment, of which the label is a subsidiary. The numbers showed that the company’s revenue is rising more and more.
First half of 2021 earned a UMG a Total profit 753 million euros, which is approximately 4.5 billion riyals. The numbers represent an increase in 37.7% in constant currency compared to the first half of 2020. Analyzes showed that in 2020, the designation benefited from receiving a claim on proceeds digital, while in the second half, revenue comes from physical and flow It came due to the effects and restrictions imposed by Covid-19.
number flow, the gains were in the second quarter of 2021 1.122 billion euros, increase b 23.8% Compared to the same time last year. Physical sales also did not lag behind in growth, rising from 152 million euros to 250 million.
Who are the main culprits behind Universal’s first-half profits?
Among the best sellers of music recorded in the first half of 2021 on the label stands out BTSAnd Olivia Rodrigo NS Justin Beiber With new releases. weekendAnd Ariana Grande NS bob smoke Sales also continued.
According to MCR data, 8 of the top 10 albums that hit the US charts during the first half of the year are from UMG, including all the top 5. In the UK, 7 of the top 10 artists are from the label, including Taylor Swift Initially.
On Spotify’s global chart, Universal artists have held the top for 20 weeks out of a total of 26 in the first half. This was possible withPeache‘, From Justin Beiber,driver’s license“NS”good 4‘, From Olivia Rodrigo.
READ ALSO: Olivia Rodrigo wins another brand to top the Bilboard 200
Other global revenue and profit figures
Revenue from UMG operations in the first half of 2021:
- Recorded music It grew by 13.2%, from 2.77 billion euros in 2020 to 3.14 billion euros;
- music publishing a decline of 1.6%, from 573 million euros in the first half of 2020 to 564 million euros in the same period in 2021;
- Commerce Other revenue streams grew 14% from €121 million in 2020 to €138 million in 2021.
Recorded music revenue in the first half of 2021:
- NS flow It grew by 17.4% to €2.13 billion, from €1.8 billion in the first half of 2020;
- You are Downloads decreased by 35.7%, from 238 million euros in the first half of 2020 to 153 million euros in 2021;
- physical It grew by 33%, from 348 million euros in the first half of 2020 to 463 million euros in 2021;
- NS License Other revenue streams grew by 5.45%, from 371 million euros in the first half of 2020 to 391 million euros in 2021.
Recorded music revenue by geographic region:
- North America: 49.5% of the total, an increase of 11.3%, from 1.4 billion dollars in the first half of 2020 to 1.55 billion euros in 2021;
- Europe: 29.3%, up 9.8%, from 838 million euros in the first half of 2020 to 920 million euros in 2021;
- Asia: 13.6%, an increase of 12%, from 382 million euros in the first half of 2020 to 428 million euros in 2021;
- Latin america: 3.4% of the total, an increase of 12.6%, from 95 million euros in the first half of 2020 to 107 million euros in 2021;
- rest of the world: 4.1%, an increase of 113.3%, from 60 million euros in the first half of 2020 to 128 million euros in 2021.
“Prone to fits of apathy. Problem solver. Twitter buff. Wannabe music advocate.”