Advertise Globally at the end of MarchGalaxy A52 has arrived Brazilian market Just a few days later, it also landed on our table to do all the tests that would culminate in a full analysis. Here we will start with the autonomy of the battery.
For this non-5G model, Samsung is betting on a 6.5-inch Super AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, Full HD + resolution, Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G, 6GB RAM, 128GB or 256GB storage ( Expandable via MicroSD up to 1 TB), quad rear cameras (64MP / 12MP / 5MP / 5MP) and 32MP, IP67 certified (up to 1m of freshwater for 30 minutes), 4,500mAh battery, system Android 11, One UI 3.1 dedicated interface.
Samsung Galaxy A52
Compare Expand …
1 week agoThe quartet comes with the highlight that there are features that are only previously present in the best families of smartphones, in areas such as design, screen and camera.
2 weeks agoThe A525FXXU1AUC5 firmware is now available for download via OTA in many European markets.
1 ms atrsCan the main functions of the new Galaxy A also be found in competitors? See this comparison in real size.
1 ms atrsCheck all the details of Galaxy A52 dismantled and has many functions shown in the videos by Samsung.
Our official battery tester works with many popular apps, games and services in specific time cycles until the battery runs out, with a standby time between cycles to monitor consumption in the background. Screen brightness and grid settings are standardized, so we can draw parallels between all patterns that have passed through our work tables.
The applications in the courses, and the specific execution times for each cycle, are:
- 6 minutes of use (each) – WhatsApp, Youtube, MX Player (Offline Video), Spotify, PowerAmp (Offline Music), Chrome;
- 1 minuto (cada) – Pokémon Go, Asphalt 8, Subway Surfers, Candy Crush, Modern Combat 5 e Injustice;
- 4 minutes of calls on 3G / 4G;
- 2 minutes of use (each) – Facebook, Gmail, and GMaps
After our tests, we came to the following results with the Galaxy A52:
- It took 27 hours 07 minutes to drain the device’s battery;
- The screen stayed on for 13 hours and 06 minutes.
- We ran 19 complete test cycles that included:
- 114 minutes of browsing Chrome;
- 570 minutes WhatsApp, Spotify, PowerAmp, MX Player, YouTube (114 minutes each);
- 114 minutos de jogos (Pokémon Go, Subway Surfers, Candy Crush, Injustice, Modern Combat 5 e Asphalt 8);
- 114 minutes from Facebook, Gmail, and Google Maps (38 minutes each);
- 76 minutes of 3G / 4G voice calls;
- The most used app was Asphalt 8;
- The least consuming application is PowerAmp;
The Galaxy A52 has made a lot of people dread its 4500mAh battery and pretty powerful hardware, especially when we look at its 90Hz screen. However, Samsung has shown again that it is teaching software optimization, which makes its model produce more than what we saw on the Realme 7 Pro, for example, which has similar hardware and the same battery capacity.
Rivals like Mi 11 Lite phone And the Poco X3 NFC also fails to beat the mark achieved by the Galaxy A52, and if you want a model in the class with better autonomy, you will have a choice within South Korea itself with Galaxy A72.
This shows that you can use the Galaxy A52 all day with games, YouTube videos, and more without worrying about running out of power before the end of the night, while still having enough power for two full days if you simply take it up.
15/4/2021 – 17.30
Thanks to the company, the summary has been added with all the results in the agenda above.
15/4/2021 – 17.30
There was 27 hours and 7 minutes of total use, with 13 hours and 6 minutes of active screen. Video apps, accompanied by Asphalt 8, are consumption villains.
14/4/2021 – 23.10
Back from the double clutch, we go to revs 13 and 14. We started with a 45% load on the A52.
14/4/2021 – 10.15
We now move to the sixth session. We have a load of 94%, and an average consumption of 0.5% in standby.
14/4/2021 – 08.15
We now have 96% of charge left at the end of the second cycle. Let’s go now for a little longer break (breakfast) and then back with courses 3, 4, 5 and 6.
14/4/2021 – 06.55
First cycle completed, is still 100% (wrong?) And heading towards the first fraction.
(Updated April 16, 2021, 1:20 pm)
“Incurable thinker. Food aficionado. Subtly charming alcohol scholar. Pop culture advocate.”