Facebook announced, Thursday (15), that the integration of Instagram and Messenger messages for the platform users has arrived in Brazil. Since September last year, the novelty has been launched, however, it has been tested in other countries.
Instagram users will be able to initiate conversations and video calls with others who use Facebook and vice versa. Even if one of the callers does not have an account on a social network, the call will proceed normally.
The new service is not an integration of the inboxes of Messenger and Instagram applications, but rather the ability to communicate between the two platforms.
How to use the new service?
For Instagram users, the integration option will be on the homepage, and to use it, just select the “Update” button. For Messenger users, the option will already be implemented on the platform, as will those who download apps from now on.
However, citizens who do not want to allow the new connection can disable the situation. To do this, you only need to access the apps’ privacy settings, click on the message control option and select which friends should appear in the chat list.
What has changed?
Messenger features will be added to the Instagram messages page, including the “Watch Together” service, which allows simultaneous video viewing during a video call.
Instagram has also received the option to forward content, reply to specific messages, customize chat colors, and reply with emojis in personal reactions.
Check below the list of all the features that will be on Instagram and Messenger:
- Cross-platform communication: allows to have conversations with friends and family on Instagram and Messenger using any of the apps to send messages and make video calls;
- Watch Together: Option to watch videos from Facebook Watch, IGTV and Reels (soon), as series and movies with friends and family during a video call;
- Ad-hoc mode: allows you to choose between two options – the way the messages you see disappear after viewing them or when you close the chat;
- Selfie Stickers: Allow to create boomerang stickers with selfie to use in conversations;
- Chat Colors: Conversations may have custom colors;
- Personalized emoji interactions: provide a shortcut with emojis to quickly reply to messages from friends;
- Redirect: Sharing content with up to five friends or groups is allowed;
- Responses: It will be possible to reply to a specific message in the chat;
- Message effects: Animated effects can be added to messages;
- Message Controls: Allow to create a list of people who can or cannot send messages directly through the job;
- More reporting features and blocking updates: It gives you the option to report full conversations or specific messages on Instagram, and enables receiving blocking suggestions on Instagram and Messenger when joining the new job.
“Incurable thinker. Food aficionado. Subtly charming alcohol scholar. Pop culture advocate.”