WhatsApp is currently one of the most popular applications in the world. For many Brazilians, the app is essential for communication, work and social interaction. However, the app does not work on all devices. Recently, the list of cell phones that will stop working WhatsApp was released – is it on your list of cell phones?
It’s worth noting that WhatsApp is run by Meta, the same company that owns Facebook, Instagram, and other successful apps. Below we explain everything you need to know about which phones WhatsApp will stop working on in 2022. Check out the full list and understand the reason for this update.
WhatsApp should implement important news soon
In the coming months, WhatsApp has everything to reveal great news about the app’s new tools. According to specialized websites, the application plans to create a tab “Individual topics”. In this area, users will be able to chat with contacts, but without attracting the attention of other participants in common groups. The novelty, however, does not have a release date yet. What is known is that it will work as a kind of “one-on-one chat”.
Why will some cell phones stop working on WhatsApp?
The reason for updating WhatsApp blocking the app on many mobile phones is very simple: Security. Over time, app authentication levels are no longer compatible with older operating systems, which is why WhatsApp has stopped working.
“We analyze which devices and software are older with the fewest users to create those that will no longer be compatible with WhatsApp. It is possible that these phones may not have the latest security updates or the functionality needed to run the app.” An application representative commented.
List of phones that will stop working WhatsApp – Updated
See below for the full list of phones that WhatsApp will stop working on in 2022. The official update should happen later this year.
- An apple: iPhone 6S; iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone SE;
- LG: Optimus F7, Optimus F5, LG Lucid 2, Optimus L3 II Dual, Optimus F5, Optimus L5, Optimus L5 II, Optimus L4 II Dual, Optimus L5 Dual, Optimus L3 II, Optimus L7, Optimus L7 II Dual, Optimus F6, Enact, Optimus F3, Optimus L7 II, Optimus L4 II, Optimus L2 II, Optimus Nitro HD, 4X HD, Optimus F3Q;
- Huawei: Ascend G740; Ascend D1 Quad XL; height matte; asc P1 S; Ascend D Quad XL and Ascend D2;
- Samsung: Galaxy Trend Lite; Galaxy X Cover 2 Galaxy Trend II; Galaxy SII Galaxy Core Galaxy Ace 2 and Galaxy S3 mini;
- ZTE: ZTE V956; Grand Note Grand S Flex and Grand X Quad V987;
- Sony: Sony Xperia New L ; Xperia Miro and Xperia Arc S;
- Other companies: Alcatel One Touch Evo 7; Caterpillar Cat B15; Archos 53 Platinum; HTC Desire 500; Wiko Sync Five Wiko Darkkite UMi X2; Lenovo A820 Faea F1 and THL W8.
Malicious apps related to WhatsApp
Finally, it is important to remember that there are many dangerous applications these days.
According to experts, many of these options are malicious apps associated with WhatsApp. However, they are different categories:
- system optimization applications;
- edit photos ;
- Keyboard customization
- Communication applications.
According to the specialist company Doctor Web, there are dozens of dangerous applications. But what is the problem?
Generally, this type of application collects user data and passes it on at other times. This means that you can click without reading the Privacy Policies and from there you run into problems.
“Incurable thinker. Food aficionado. Subtly charming alcohol scholar. Pop culture advocate.”